Jan 9, 2015

In seek of the Peak

This week, there was a event on facebook called 'Himalaju - NEPĀLAS piedzīvojumu un bilžu vakaru' which literally means 'The Himalayas - Nepal adventure and night pictures' which dated 7th Jan (2015) at 19:00 to 21:00 at Skolas iela 15, Riga. As the description of the event (which was in the local language) says that it was an invitation to the Nepal Adventure Picture Evening with some insight into local cultural contexts. At the end of the 2014, two guys Laumas and Mara had been to two popular trekking routes Annapurna and Langtang in Nepal. They wanted to share the great pictures and experiences and had intense desire to go back again. So they wanted to go back not alone but with some new friends.

Cover Picture of the 'Facebook Event'
Sound Cools!

I thought it was a kind of photographic exhibition that we usually have in my home country; so I went with a brother of mine, who took a camera so that we can take some pictures of exhibition. 


We reached there some 10 minutes late. When we entered the building there was a bar with some people drinking to warm themselves in the cold night. It was freezing cold with all city covered in snow. Ah, a bit confused... is it the place? Suddenly I saw a Buddhist Prayer Flag on the balustrade and that was enough to convince me that it was indeed be the correct venue. As we climbed upstairs and below is what we saw. 

Opps! It was not a photo Exhibition. But was some Multimedia presentation. 
The hall I must say was small enough with a lot of enthusiastic viewers outside the hall as well standing quietly and looking at the presentation. Even though it was pack, it was quiet. European are so civilized. Thumbs up!!! The presenters were speaking in Latvian and pity that I don't understand it. Nevertheless I enjoyed the beautiful views of their trekking. I had been to the Annapurna Base Camp last year, so I was relating those pictures and videos with the ones that I have in my memory. They were sometimes laughing as the presenter made some mimicry and describing their experience.


I was wondering that in my country we go to trekking to enjoy the snow. But these guys are having snow everywhere, why on Earth would they like to go to trekking on Himalayas. But one of the guy on the back told that they don't have mountains in their country so they love mountains. An then I realized the country Latvia is almost a plain with no hills and mountains, Actually, the highest point of  Latvia is in Gaizinkalns which is just 312 m above the sea level is located on the west of Town Madonna, central Vidzene. So I can now quite well understand why they are so fascinated by mountains. And I can proudly say that the eight out of the world's top highest peak lie in Nepal including the Mt. Everest (8848m) the highest peak in the world. 

Mt. Everest, Nepal (8848 m)
Later I came to know they are organizing a trekking back in the Everest Base Camp and Mustang, Nepal in the November 2015. So they are promoting (advertising) the campaign or event. Good business deal!

So if any one from Latvia r Europe really want to go Nepal for treakking in the Himalays, I highly recommend you to go their for the life time experience which you can be proud of. 



No comments:

Post a Comment